Thursday, May 20, 2010

11 days...

May 20, 2010

Hello Everyone,

11 DAYS…and counting…

I thought that it was about time for a quick update about how the last minute things are coming together. I am just going to give quick highlights. If you would like more details please let me know and I will be happy to oblige.

I sold my car this week which is a huge relief. It has been giving me some problems this Spring but it seems to be all fixed and running well. A friend of the family has bought it and has given it to Daniel. This is a wonderful answer to prayer for the whole family!

My room is slightly more packed. I am planning to try and pack my suitcases early next week just to see how much all my stuff weighs.

Kuatiko(my dog) has his vet appointments to get his various health certificates and paper work done. He has to have a European Union Health certificate because he is going through Frankfurt and he also has to have an import certificate and a veterinary health certificate for Namibia. They all have to be done within a certain number of days of traveling so it means that it is cutting it close on getting things back and forth to different offices on different continents. Please pray that all the paper work goes through quickly and with no hassles. I called the Namibian Veterinary Service last week to ask if it was okay if I faxed them his Namibian paper work for them to approve and they said that was no problem. Vamos ver! (We will see!)

It has been a very encouraging week as I have received gifts from a couple of churches and individuals. Thank you all so much! I can’t believe the incredible team that the Lord is drawing up around me. It is going to be truly wondrous to watch Him put all this together. I am however still lacking in my monthly support. I need more support for the first 6 months or so, until the school is opened and then tuition from the school should help cover my living expenses, which in Angola are pretty high. I know that God has this all in Hand that He will provide what I need but being human it is hard to keep from worrying about these sorts of things. Please pray for God’s provision and my resting and waiting in His provision.

This Sunday (May 23rd) I am going to be sharing briefly with the High School youth group at church and then again at the Singles meeting in the evening. The High School meet at 5pm and the Singles at 7pm. I would definitely appreciate your prayers for both of these times. My prayer is that people would see the passion that the Lord has given me for doing His will wherever and however that might be!

One last thing, we are hosting a Goodbye/Sendoff pot-luck party at my house on Thursday May 27th around 6:30pm. If you can make it that would be great! I would love to see you before I leave!

Please call me if you have any questions or would like to just chat! 336-508-7856.

In Christ Our King,

Helena Foster Fabiano

Donation Information:

AGA Inc.

25 Maple Street

Addison, NY 14801

Please make checks payable to AGA Inc. and put “01019” in the memo line.

No comments:

Post a Comment