Saturday, May 1, 2010

The End of the Month


It is official now, I am leaving at the end of the month. Just 30 days from now I will be on my way to Angola!
I am excited but also a little nervous...there is still so much to do and get ready in the next few weeks, not to mention the huge job that awaits me on the other end. I have figured that the only way I will make it is to just take one step at a time and hold onto His hand the entire time. He has it all figured out and I can trust in Him to take care of the details.

At this point I have mostly packed up my books and a lot of miscellaneous stuff that I have collected over the last few years. I have some things that I am hoping to ship in a container when there is one heading over there.
Another thing I have to figure out is what to do with my car. It is an old car with lots and lots of miles on it and to top it off it hasn't been running all that well recently. (by "all that well", I mean not at all.) I am having a mechanic look at in the next couple of days so please pray for wisdom as I try to figure out what I should do with it.
The BIGGEST prayer request at the moment is finances(of course). I still have a lot of my monthly support to raise as well as my one-time out-going expenses. I have raised about 30% of my monthly and 35% of my one time. So please pray with me about this. I know that the Lord has this all in hand. I am learning to trust Him more and more.
*If you feel God calling you to partner with me through prayer and/or financially you can email me at hffabiano@gmail.com, call me (336-508-7856) or you can send donations to 25 Maple St., Addison NY 14801, just put my name in the memo line. You can also donate online at www.hopeforangola.org.*

I have had several encouraging "happenings" this week. I was contacted by the mission committee of a church in High Point to come and share about my ministry in the next couple of weeks. I was also contacted by a church that a friend of the family attends in the Chicago area and they also asked me to share, via letter, a few more details about my ministry. Both these things were a huge encouragement for me.
I also heard from the Indian family in Lubango that have a little girl that they want to put in the school. They are anxious for me to come and they said that they have told several different families about me coming and that I will "not want for admissions to the school". It was so nice to hear that they are still looking forward to me coming.
My small group leader from when I was in High School also had my mom and I over for dinner last Thursday night to share with her and her family about what I will be doing. It was really fun and a huge blessing for both Mom and I. We have known this family for awhile and haven't had a chance to catch up like that for a long time.
If you have a group that you would like me come speak to or share with about my ministry I would love to do that. One of my favorite things to do is share what the Lord is doing and what He has asked me to do with my life.

Well, I think that I have babbled long enough and I have to run and try and get my car across town to the mechanic.
Thank you all so much for your love and support throughout this entire process. It means a lot to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment